Do you want to recover the MySQL root password. its by no means, easy. But its quite simple if you follow the procedure. You will have to follow this step-by-step processes.
- Step 1: Stop the MySQL server process.
- Step 2: Start the MySQL (mysqld) server/daemon process with the –skip-grant-tables option so that it will not prompt for a password.
- Step 3: Connect to the MySQL server as the root user.
- Step 4: Set a new root password.
- Step 5: Exit and restart the MySQL server.
Here are the commands you need to type for each step (log in as the root user):