KDE Community Ships First Translation and Service Release of the 4.5 Series
August 31st, 2010. Today, KDE has released a series of updates to the Plasma Desktop and Netbook workspaces, the KDE Applications and the KDE Platform. This update is the first in a series of stabilization updates to 4.5.0, coming every month, as if delivered by a cronjob. 4.5.1 brings bugfixes and translation updates on top of KDE SC 4.5.0. KDE SC 4.5.1 is a recommended update for everyone running KDE SC 4.5.0 or earlier versions. As the release only contains bugfixes and translation updates, it will be a safe and pleasant update for everyone. KDE SC 4 is already translated into more than 55 languages, with more to come.
To download source code or packages to install go to the KDE SC 4.5.1 Info Page.
KDE SC 4.5.1 brings a number of improvements:
- Stability issues in some of the platform components have been fixed, notably in the new shared data cache, in KHTML and in KNewStuff.
- Improvements to the ergonomics of moving applets inside Plasma panels.
- Listing of UPnP devices in the network:/ KIO slave has been fixed.
- KWin, the window and compositing manager has a regression fixed that would prevent desktop effects from being used.
- The weather and news applet now correctly update their data when the network connection comes back.
The changelog lists more, if not all improvements since KDE SC 4.5.0.
More : kde.org